This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Couple of question...

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Hi
First of all, great work, I really like it.=
ok, so:

1: What is the 0.5 second "deferFilterEvaluationTimer" delay in aid of? Why not configurable? I'd rather it were zero...

2: Am I right in thinking you don't handle applying the filters to new rows? (I haven't fully tested this to be fair)

Thanks!
Jul 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM
paulspiteri wrote:
Hi
First of all, great work, I really like it.=
ok, so:

1: What is the 0.5 second "deferFilterEvaluationTimer" delay in aid of? Why not configurable? I'd rather it were zero...

2: Am I right in thinking you don't handle applying the filters to new rows? (I haven't fully tested this to be fair)

Thanks!
You can ignore question 2 - the collection filter does get applied to new rows, its just I hadn't set up my row fully before insertion.
Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM
The delay is to defer the applying of the filter until you have finished typing. Applying the filter after every keystroke can easily cause the system to get stuck.
However making this configurable might be a good idea, if there is only few data to filter, even zero could work fine.
Jul 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Ok yes, I forgot your default filters do it in "real-time".
I'm using custom ones which only apply the filter when the user clicks "OK" button. Consequently nothing but zero delay makes sense for my use.

Making it a configuration would be great.
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.